Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An Eye Opening Experience

You don't have to be "skinny" to be beautiful!
 
Now I know this is something that gets said quite often. I know it has been said to me numerous times and I think "plus sized" women ARE beautiful. I just don't see myself that way.
 
This is what I used to look like. Granted I was 18 in this picture AND this was pre-children. I am now 25 and have a three year old. I won't even post a picture of what I look like now.
 
I will not say that I am unhappy with how I am and I have tried previously to lose weight with no success. I do, however hate being IN FRONT of the camera now.
 
So what is my reasoning behind this post?
 
Well this past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to photograph a friend of mine. She is NOT your typical stick thin, skinny girl. She would I suppose be considered "plus size". From talking to her prior to the shoot, she referred to herself as shy so I was a little worried at how smooth our session would go.
 
Anyone who had not had that conversation with her would never believe that she would even THINK of herself as shy. When I hear shy I think in terms of, like myself, being body conscious. She is most definitely not though! After our first few shots she was owning the camera.
 

















 
There really isn't anything much more awesome than seeing someone truly comfortable in their own skin. We are even talking boudoir sessions for the near future. I am so excited for the opportunity!
 
Photographing her has made me feel like I will be able to get in front of the camera again eventually. I have actually talked to a photographer from another state who say they would love to shoot some boudoir of me. I don't know how soon I'd be ready to take that step though.
 
I am so grateful for this experience and for how much I learned in what was in all honesty a wonderful, fun afternoon.
 
Loving yourself is a powerful thing. It will honestly set you free. I still have some demons to work out but I feel like I will get there soon.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment